CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

04 March 2008

One More Hour in the Day Please!

Geez am I having a tough time getting on here long enough to post an entry. Yesterday was the first time I managed to completely empty my inbox of new messages since coming back from St. Paul.

I had my wisdom teeth out on the 15th. UGH. It was pretty scary sitting in the chair and having two women converge on either side of me and begin poking and messing with me (sticking oxygen tube thingies in my nose, IV, etc). I got pretty swollen, and had massive bruising on either side of my chin. Apparently one nurse is supposed to hold your chin up, and when she does it she seriously bruises. (I was so hot with those green and yellow bruises, let me tell you.)

Very nearly stopped breast feeding, what with my milk supply being weird from the trip and then the surgery and being on antibiotics... I think Lochlan also really liked the bottle and how much easier it was to get formula out of it. But with a lot of hard work and putting up with him screaming (he would get SO mad at me because he didn't want to nurse, he wanted a bottle), we're now back in the flow. Thankfully. I really didn't want to give it up yet. It's my favorite thing in the world to nestle up with him and watch his funny little habits. Like how he rhythmically flexes his feet, or the way his hands move. Or when he is mostly done and he starts throwing himself backward, one hand flying like a rodeo guy, with a huge grin.

We also got our tax return! YAY for money! We paid off quite a bit of debt, bought a new tv (we were still using a really small ghetto style one, now we have a 42" LCD), an xbox... The only things left that we want to do are buy some bookcases, real wood ones, not those particle board with cardboard backings! And new couches. Heck, I don't care if they are used. I just want to replace ours. The cat has peed on them so many times (Achilles and Artemis too) that they just stink. Bad. No amount of Nature's Miracle or Febreeze will remove or cover up that odor.

Still working on the pictures from my trip... It'll be forever before I get any up. :P I've been thinking long and hard about this... I think I'd like to get another whippet. I've never seen Athena has happy as she was running around with her old pack. And I think I might like to bring her sister Cozy home. She's such a sweetheart. I'll have to write more about this later, but it's just something I've been thinking about.

Anyway, I must be off. Life is catching up with me again and I must go tend! :D

2 comments:

Patience-please said...

Yay! Glad you're caught up enough to post again. I have to admit, I totally forgot about your wisdom teeth. That is NO FUN. (Like I needed to tell you that.)
Laurie was glad to meet you and said you did a great job with Athena! When I saw my first whippet go nutso to see other whippets at a show, I decided to get my second whippet.
And they brought so much joy to my life!

glad you're back-
Patience

Momma Phoenix said...

Me too. I miss posting!

I was also really glad to meet Laurie. It's nice being able to put faces to names. Plus I got to see her with Spats, and that was just amazing.

Isn't funny how whippets just know other whippets? I've never seen dogs go crazy with joy at meeting others of their breed. :)