CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

06 December 2006

A Little About Me

I've done the blogging thing a million times. Seems like I can never get one website to work just the way I want it to. Or it becomes to uncomfortable. Ah well, we'll try it again.

The thing I hate about setting up a new site is that by the time you get it looking just the way you want it to, you forget the reason why you suddenly had the desire to set the thing up in the first place.

Oh, wait. I remember now.

Work! My shift is flip-flopping all over the place, and I am one unhappy momma. Starting friday I will be working a split shift. 7am to 10:30, 2:30 to 6pm. Ugh. I'll do that all of next week, then I've got Xmas week off, and the following Monday. After that the whole dynamics of the shop is changing. We're an itty bitty little smoothie shop, we don't make a profit each month, and we're struggling. Bad. So to begin, there are 3 workers. 2 regular, one manager. The night shift guy is quitting tomorrow, out of the blue. Apparently his marriage broke and he's leaving for Mexico this weekend. Oi. On top of that, the manager is going on leave Wednesday. That leaves me. In an attempt to bail us out of the whole, upper management decided to have the manager "quit" too, and she'll be hired by the gym we're tucked inside. Which again leaves just me. EEKS!

The irritating part is that the only reason I took this job in the first place is because the shifts were short and I could still spend time with Sully. And now that we are getting ready to start trying for Baby #2... Oi.

I've got another irritation. Abby. We have three dogs. We like dogs. We are a dog family. However, one of them has to go. That's Abby. She's 8 months old and dominant as all hell. Ever since we brought her home 5 months ago she has stepped all over everyone here. She snaps. She jumps so hard she moves the furniture. She knocks Sully over. For the longest time she was unpotty-trained, because she had reoccuring UTIs. She's trained now, just barely though. We put an ad in the paper, for $250. No calls. Put her in the paper for $200. No calls. $150. No calls. FREE! We had loads of calls, but no one actually interested. One lady came to see her, and was disappointed because she's a big dog. GEE! She's a Greyhound, they are one of the bigger breeds. Ya idiot! Finally the perfect couple walks in. No other dogs, understands the requirements in owning a Greyhound, plus no children, no cats, etc. We call them back the next day and they pick her up. Last night they called saying they have to give her back. Apparently she cries horridly when left in her crate from 6am to 5pm. Well no shit! She's still a puppy, alone in a new house, and needs to stretch her legs. All this boils down to the fact we now have her back, irritating us. Someone please take this dog!

Talked to Grandma last night... She's doing that thing where she lets you know she is in good health, basically hinting that you should come visit before she isn't... Hehe! I wish I could get out there, but alas. We don't have a spare 2k it would probably cost for a week visit back home.

Oh, did I leave you hanging as to who or what this is? I'm Phoenix. I write a lot of nonsense. I'm 21, married to a guy named Caayn. He's in the Air Force and we're stuck in the miserable little town of Minot, North Dakota. It's shitty. We've got a dude, his name is Sully and he is almost 2. I've got some dogs and some cats. In January, we are going to start trying for another baby. Yipee! That should do ya.

Thats it for now. More nonsense later.

0 comments: