CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

30 March 2007

Don't Fear The Reaper

Every time I hear the song Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult, I get shivers down my spine. In my head I see an empty highway, with a couple of skulls to one side. I blame it on The Stand, the movie...

When I hear that song, I feel an intense urge to go home and pop the movie in. And then read the book. The Stand by Stephen King is my all-time favorite book. I would read it back to back to back if I didn't have other books to read. I love it.

When we were in PA, I saw a gorgeous hardcover edition... it was $50, otherwise I would have totally splurged (not to mention we had already spent $60 on a hanful of other books that I don't already have memorized front to back). Its a book that I need in hardcover, since my paper back is dying. Pages are falling out, the cover has fallen off and been taped back on.

Oh, and when I see the actors who played in that movie, I always refer to them as the character they played. Like the guy who played Trashcan Man. He's been in a load of movies, but I have no idea what his name is. He is simply Trash. If you haven't seen the movie, you should. It's got a few bits of corniness to it (ie when Flagg does his little melty thing when he is freaking out, near the end), and it leaves a lot out, it's still worth seeing. Love it.

On another note, I have my first appt with the midwife on the 20th. I hope she can keep seeing me, even though I had a c-section last time. I hope she can let me try for a VBAC...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

... I think of the SNL Skit...

Momma Phoenix said...

Well, at least it makes you think of something! Can't say that I've seen that particular skit though.

Unknown said...

... I need more Cowbell...