CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11 April 2007

Seasonal Sayings

I don't think North Dakota has heard some of the more popular seasonal sayings.

"March goes in like a lion and out like a lamb."
"April showers bring May flowers."

Let's see. At the beginning to middle of March, we went to PA. Apparently there was some really nice weather out here. Towards the end of March, the weather started turning really cold and nasty again. So, I'm thinking more along the lines of, "March goes in like a lamb and out like a lion..."

And then I was wondering. Do April snowshowers bring May flowers? Because we've been having stupid snow. Yesterday I think it was, it snowed the whole day, and only amounted to like maybe 3 inches? (I base this off the snow in my backyard. There was probably less accumlative snowfall. Backyards always seem to have either more snow or less snow than anywhere else.)

I made Sully hunt easter eggs in 30 degree weather. Luckily the snow held off until the next day or so. However, I made the mistake of using real hardboiled eggs. By the end of the day they were all crushed and yucky. He's since been upset with me, asking where the eggs went and whether or not he could go outside and find more. Oops. Apparently plastic eggs are the way to go when you have tiny kids with big grips.

0 comments: