CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

07 December 2007

Itchy Scratchies: The Conclusion

I went to the dr. I now have to take steroids for 5 days to clear up the problem. Too bad they didn't give me some pain pills too! I have a raging headache from the welted areas above my ears, and my ears are super swollen too. Hurts more than you would think for it just being skin irritations.

On the plus side, I learned that I weighed 147lbs, which means I've lost 23lbs since the birth. That's not too much, considering the first weigh-in of the pregnancy was 129. If I can get down to 117, that'd be awesome. 20lbs over my original weight from before Sully, but a number that I'd be much happier with. I feel no inclination to ever drop below 100 again, and I suppose it would be difficult for me to get there. Back then I smoked and walked a lot (before I met Caayn I was walking at least 10 miles a day to and from work, and then if I felt like wandering around, I'd walk some more). I could never do that again.

So as soon as this awful rash is gone, I'll be hitting the gym. I'm nervous! I've never been a gym sort of person, despite working there last year. I don't really know how to work most equipment or really know what to do, how long, etc, and I'm too shy to ask. Not to mention, I'll probably know the folks who work the front desk, lol. Oh well, I'll manage.

Funny little factoid... Whippets really can jump on the counter! Patience has mentioned it in her blog and in her book, but it's something you really have to see to believe. Athena makes it look effortless. Like the way a cat can jump amazing heights. I get worried about her doing that though, when she jumps down I'm always terrified she's going to break a little leg! One of these days I'll get a picture of her up there. It cracks me up every time I see her standing innocently beside the coffee maker.

1 comments:

Patience-please said...

Oh you've had a rough go! You'll love Whippet World. MSN is being all hinky today - it happens every so often when the work on their servers. If you have trouble posting, don't worry, it will get better.

Patience