CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

30 January 2007

Sentimental

If anyone read my last post and was all confused as to why I deleted it... I remembered the saying about how if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. And, well, I deleted it before I remembered that it had a lot of other nonsense on there too. Oh well.

Anyway. So on one of my mommy board things someone posted those Five questions.. I forget what they are called, something about Friday. (Can I take a wild guess here and say the Friday Five?) One of the questions was if you could be a tree, which one would you be? Instantly I think oak tree. I'm not sure what kind it is, I'll go google and see if I can pull something... apparently its a coast live oak, or something very similar (which makes sense, since there is a music festival every year called Live Oak). When I think of them I smell wood smoke, from the millions of fires I've sat around with friends and family, mostly on the beach. I think of running around the woods or campsites and stepping barefoot on those cupped leaves, they are very stiff and have little pricks on the edges. I think of driving down the highways on warm sunny days, watching millions of those trees crowd the fields and hills and seeing them close and then stop for a brief moment as we whip by. I think of the hundreds of acorns I've collected throughout my life. I think of the first time I got poison oak while camping.. I was 7 and cartwheeling around (why? I dunno) and falling in drifts of leaves, and one of the drifts covered a patch of poison oak. Ha! I also think of climbing. Climbing up and around and along branches, once I went so high I got terrified (I'm scared of heights) and it took me an hour before I could begin inching back down.

I miss those trees. They are always in my memories when I think of my so called home. It's a little sad that I won't ever live near those again. Maybe a different oak tree.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

... And now you live somewhere with no trees...

Momma Phoenix said...

LOL. That too. And what trees there are, have been planted in a straight line. How uncool is that?

Btw, I have a question for you--how do you clean a flat panel monitor? Sully attacked ours with a pencil, so I can't see the upper right corner. Do I need any kind of special cleaner? Hell, I'm scared to even touch the bastard...

Unknown said...

I use Monster Screen Cleaner... It works pretty well... if you have Glasses cleaner and a lint free cloth that would work too... Endust for electronics works well too... may not get pencil off however...

Momma Phoenix said...

Thank you. I have glass cleaner and a non-linty cloth... it would probably be a good idea for us to pick up some of that screen cleaner stuff though. Our screens are always scary.

Unknown said...

NOOOOOOOOO No windex...
No ammonia based stuff on the monitor... stoners glass cleaner if you really want (alchohol based not ammonia based) but still don't use that...

Momma Phoenix said...

Ahh. Hmm, apparently I don't read well! Yeah, I totally used windex. At least I didn't spray it right on the monitor, hmm? I guess we're going to have to buy some of that stuff you mentioned. Does Best Buy sell it? Thats the only electronics store in town I can think of off the top of my head...

Unknown said...

Yep... I get it cheap... let me know if you want some... I can grab a bottle...
Well at least you didn't spray it onto the monitor... that is the good part...
Care if I put a link over here on my list of links? My list of links looks anorexic... reminds me of Nicole Ritchie...

Momma Phoenix said...

I'd love a bottle. Caayn's laptop monitor is SO nasty--he used to keep it on a box under the desk, and I used to have a real problem with spilling my coffee.... Seriously, I'm a computer's worst nightmare. Needless to say, his monitor is pretty grimy. Go ahead and link me, if you don't mind a blog that randomly goes all mommy on you.. I understand about the lack of linkage. Mine's small too. I need to read more blogs, lol.