CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

03 July 2007

O.J. Simpson

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/07/03/simpson.suit.ap/index.html

""Ron Goldman LLC will own Simpson's name, likeness, signature and story and will hawk it to satisfy this terrible judgment. Justice has arrived in Miami," Cook said.

The Goldmans own the copyright, media rights and movie rights. They also acquired Simpson's name, likeness, life story and right of publicity in connection with the book, according to court documents."


I know, I must be the only person to think this, but I feel this is really wrong. The whole case history aside, I'm looking strictly at the bones of THIS case. They stole the book from Simpson. What is to stop this from happening more? Can I go up to a judge and demand that Caayn's books belong to me? The Goldmans' had no right to that... I hate that this is really just a vendetta and that it was allowed at all. This is not justice. This is vengeance. He did this just to 'get back' at Simpson. And the worst part? It wasn't even Nicole's family that were freaking out. If ANYONE had a right to do this (and I still don't think anyone does) it would be her family.


I'm pretty disgusted that they 'own his name, likeness and lifestory'... So what this boils down to, they OWN O.J. Bullshit. What gives anyone the right to own a person like that? I hate that because the whole case was so drawn out, and then redrawn out, and then he had to write this book, that is what gives them a right to do this. Whatever.

Seriously. I want to move to Europe. The United States is just getting too embarrassing to live in. *sigh*

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I respectfully disagree. I see where you are coming from, but they have won a civil case against him and he's used every legal avenue to not have to pay them the amount from this. I can see this as the way to finally get the judgement owed to them.

It is a strange case however. And I do agree that Americans are a bit too litigous.