CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

08 November 2007

SNOW!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! We are having our first snow!!! FINALLY! It's not much, none has stuck to the ground yet, but I don't care. I'm excited. I love the snow (when I don't have to go out in it for long periods of time)! And I still can't believe how long it took to get here. Seriously global warming, how about no messing with the snow patterns...

And I have good news! It is very possible that my mom will be coming out soon. Apparently her boyfriend-guy-thing took out some home equity or whatever it is, and is willing to buy her a plane ticket out here and back. This could solve a lot of problems. Like, Caayn not having to drop out of ALS because she could be here long enough to help me get into the rhythm of life with two babies. Also she could be here when we go get our whippet. We could leave Sully here (oh thank goodness, I've been wondering what that will be like, since he will be having irregular naps that day and being up late AND bringing home a dog)... And the dogs wouldn't have to go to the kennel...

So that is freaking awesome. I'm not sure when to have her come out though. I've been thinking the 15th might be a good time. If Mr. L comes before then, I can hold out the two days it would take where Caayn might have to be in ALS, until she gets here. And if he comes after, she could watch Sully. The possible daycare lady called me last night saying that her dr isn't allowing her to walk for another 2 weeks. She had an appt yesterday to assess her recovery from surgery. So that does put us in a situation of needing to figure something out. But yeah, I'm really glad that we might have a good way to work it out. :)

So lots of yays today! That always bodes well!

2 comments:

Patience-please said...

Oh it does all sound good! That would be just wonderful if your mother could be there to help out. my mom had already died when my son was born. He would have adored her.
Thanks for the VBAC; makes perfect sense. I just love the new look of your blog!
stay warm-
Patience

Momma Phoenix said...

I can't imagine how hard that would be. I used to live with the knowledge my mom might die at anytime (she was a drug user)... but the thought never hurt any less.

Thank you--I like this layout too; the colors are just wonderful and the image isn't overwhelming. It's very peaceful!