CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

01 November 2007

Whippet Update!

YIPEE! Just got off the phone with Whippet Woman and November 24th is indeed the day where I get to pick up my whippet girl! I am so darn thrilled, I can't wait. The one tiny downside is that she said the boy pup, who she said was really crazy wild, has now calmed down a LOT and has become a really good, sweet dog. And that our girl is sort of stand-offish and more of a loner. There were unknown number of pups in that litter, she kept two and then there are these last two who need to go to new homes. Apparently she spends more time with "her" dogs than our girl and her brother, so they don't get as much time spent on them. She said she'd really start spending some time with her, so that she is a little better. Also that she feels the girl just needs to go to her forever home, where she can get the love and attention she needs and deserves.

So boo, I could have gotten my whippet boy, which was my original desire. If I could afford it, I'd offer to take them both. It's good for whippets to have more whippets around and siblings are always good to have! That said though, I still intend on getting my girl. Hopefully her brother will find a good home soon.

Whippet Woman said that she discovered her camera was broken, so she's going to try and get it fixed. And that if she has to, she will just buy a disposable camera so we can get some photos. Cross your fingers, I'm excited to see what she looks like. I can picture her in my mind, but real proof is always better. :)

Anyway, just had to update with that happy bit of news. Now, if Mr. L would just arrive, so that our family can be all completed!!

3 comments:

Patience-please said...

Lordy, you have a lot on your plate! You'll have plenty of time to play with your puppy and bring her out of her shell once you get her; it's having the energy I'm worried about! But I'm so old just the THOUGHT of having babies sends me off to nap time.
all the best-
Patience

Patience-please said...

Hey guess what???? You won the drawing at my blog! Are you off having your baby? No time for that! I need you to email me, dogwalkers@comcast.net with your whole name and address for your prize.
congratulations-
Patience

Momma Phoenix said...

Lol, that's the common thing around here--everything has to happen all at once. I'd love to spread the busy-ness around to other months as well, rather than cram one month too full!

And if I were able to, I'd do some zoomies around the house for winning the drawing!!!! I'll have to get Achilles worked up so he can do them for me instead, hehe! :D:D:D