CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

05 September 2007

Fall Cleaning or Early Nesting?

I apparently went into a fit of nesting yesterday. At nearly 30 weeks, I think I'm being a little premature, but considering what I did, probably not. Caayn is theorizing that I did it because our trash can is full and trash doesn't go until Thursday.... I'm known for going on a huge cleaning binge when we have 1 trash bag left, too. I don't know why this is, but it's annoying!

I made a huge list of things to do around the house. I mean huge. And then, when I decided that wasn't enough, I went and made a room-by-room break down of what needs to be done in each room. If I were feeling brave, I'd post it. But I'm not, so I won't.

But yeah. The list is huge. And I can tell by the time I get it all done, I will probably like go into spontaneous labor. (Yes, I totally just said "like" with no purpose--hey, I'm from California, what can I say? You should hear me talk on my wedding video, its embarrassing.) Caayn is helping too, since there are a lot of things I can't do. Like sweeping out the dirt/dust which is the left overs from the snow/sludge/mud gremlins from last winter... The motion of sweeping will pretty much land me on the couch in no time flat.

Am I a freak for admitting that I like to clean bathrooms? It's one of my favorite household chores. That, and cleaning windows. It's fun because it takes about 20 minutes to get a bathroom spotless (that is, if you don't start with a nasty bathroom) and then when you are done, you have a really great feeling of accomplishment, even though the task was small.

Oh, and I'm a nice taskmistress. Some of the items on the list are super easy, that way we feel like we are getting things done when we check things off.

We bought sheets for Mr. L's crib. The crib is set up in his room too, with the pack n play. I'm not really sure what to do with it, since I don't know where else to put it. Well, I assume for a time, it will be in our room, since it has the little bassinet attachment. We used it like that for Sully, although we got really inventive with various usages... And we bought a few more items of clothes for him. I forgot that we'll be headed into winter when he gets here, so we're gonna need more long sleeved, legged things. With Sully, we were more towards the end of winter... It's silly, I have a "My First Christmas" thing, which was mostly bought because of the uber cute reindeer on it, but it's 9 months. Mr. L won't fit it by December, and he won't fit in it next year (which I consider to be his first real holiday... it so does not count as a first holiday if they are too tiny to get into the action). Hmm.... I wonder if I saved those hilarious reindeer ears.... But back on my original note, Mr. L's room is coming along. We do need to find him a dresser, and a load of hangers, but then we should be done. The room isn't painted, but I can't paint HIS room and not have Sully's room painted, so neither are getting done right now. Whenever I walk in there, I smile. It's looking like a room for a baby, rather than a room that had no purpose and was mostly ignored.

And for an update... Achilles is now going to the vet on Monday. He is continuing to limp. I don't know if this is related to the dog fight or not. It's the same paw he limped on the rest of that day, though. The frustrating thing is that it's an on and off kind of limp. Some parts of the day he'll walk around fine, but then other times, he'll be limping. We were looking at it being either a muscular cause or the possibility of a torn ligament... well, the way I see it, if it was muscular, it would have healed by now, and if it was a torn ligament, I can't imagine he would have a point where he stopped limping. So I dunno. Hopefully we get it figured out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you feel like it , you are more than welcome to come nest at my house !I Need tons of cleaning done! hehehe

Momma Phoenix said...

LOL! I used to clean a couple of friends' houses for $$ because it's so much easier to clean someone else's place! :D