CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11 September 2007

Meandering Thoughts

I was going to post my thoughts on the whole September 11 thing, but two things happened. First, I felt a wee bit guilty because unlike most people, I don't have the same feelings regarding it. And second, my computer froze and had to be restarted, thus losing the couple of sentences I had already written out. So rather than expose the inner bad me and make people think I'm evil, I'll post other stuff.

Like Caayn's work. Oh my freaking gosh am I tired of what they are doing. Which, to be honest, is really nothing... but I've been told not to write anything about anything, so... hmm. He came home for lunch today to tell me even worse news. October 1st there is some thing that will be taking place. Well, his shop is NOT prepared for it, because they've sort of been kicked out of the buildings they need to be in. So.... it's been decided that to make up for the time they have lost and are continuing to lose, very shortly he will be working 12 hour shifts again. With no weekends. And then the thing on October 1st could take a week or so (it usually does), so yeah... it's possible he is looking at 3 or 4 weeks of working 12s with no weekends. UGH. The only "plus" side, if you can even call it that, is that it hasn't started yet. He MAY make it to my appt on Friday, but he certainly won't make it to the ones that take place during that time period. Boo. And to make things even more difficult, we only have one car. Yucky poo.

I wish I was like other bloggers. You know the ones who have a topic they want to talk about, then they write some short, usually witty, blurb about it. No extras. They stick right to the point. Nope. I can't do that no matter how hard I try. I'm too freaking wordy. In person, I'm totally quiet--I like to listen to others, I like to watch people interact... but put a pen in my hand or a keyboard in front of me and I just don't shut up. You should see the emails that me and my mom write. I get it from her, this weird written wordiness. I joke to Caayn that it's because I have no one else to tell this crap to (except him, and trust me, he hears it all, and then has to turn around and read it too!), and if I don't get it out of my head, it all sits there and swirls... If I don't get it out, I feel like I might explode.

One last thing before I get up to go eat something... which, by the way, is still difficult for me to do. I'm only actually hungry at breakfast time. Any other food I eat, I am pretty much forcing myself to. Shame on me. 2 meals a day will not provide all the nutrients for a growing boy. Nope. (Bet I still gain 4 or 5 lbs on Friday...) Oops. I digressed too much and forgot what I was going to say. Oh well.

Oh! I thought of something else. My birthday is semi sort of coming up... it's at the beginning of November. Caayn wants to know what he should get me... I HATE that question. I never know. So yeah, hmm. I dunno. Well, secretly I want a puppy. Yeah, can you spell nightmare? And if I couldn't get one, I'd really like to adopt a retired racer for Achilles to pal around with. But that would involve a trip to Minneapolis... which neither of us want to do. Not when you consider we'll either have a new baby (and its really hard to get them to adopt out a greyhound to you if you have a baby/small kids) or I'll be hugely pregnant. So poo on that. A trip back home would be nice. I miss my Pacific ocean. I want to play pool at Hot Shots, have clam chowder at Brad's, have a six pack on the beach in Pirate's Cove, eat anything at Fat Cat's, have lots of frozen yogurt from T'n'Ts... Ha, maybe convince Caayn to go dancing at Tortilla Flats. Oh, and go see the butterfly trees in Grover Beach, go to the Santa Barbara Zoo... just drive up and down the 101.... That'd be nice. Probably would be too expensive though. Or a tattoo! But it would have to wait until June, because I really like the tattoo guys that Caayn uses there.

Ugh.

0 comments: